Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana (PM-KMY)
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana has been started to provide social security to all landholding Small and Marginal Farmers in the country.
- These farmers have minimal or no savings and also do not have any source of livelihood when they reach old age.
- The scheme aims to help them live a healthy and happy life after they reach their old age.
- Under this scheme, a fixed pension of Rs.3,000/- will be provided to all eligible small and marginal farmers.
- It is a voluntary and contribution based pension scheme.
- Pension will be paid to the farmers from a Pension Fund managed by the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- Farmers will have to contribute an amount between Rs.55 to Rs.200 per month in the Pension Fund till they reach the retirement date i.e. the age of 60 years.
- The Central Government will also make an equal contribution of the same amount in the pension fund.
- Those farmers who are of the age of 18 years and above and upto 40 years are eligible to join the scheme.
- Spouses of the Small and Marginal farmers are also eligible to join the scheme separately and they will also get separate pension of Rs.3000/ when they reach the age of 60 years.
- The farmers who have joined the scheme may also leave the scheme later if they do not wish to continue for any reason. Their contributions to the Pension Fund will be returned to them alongwith interest.
- In case of unfortunate death of the farmer before retirement date, the spouse may continue in the scheme by paying the remaining contributions till the remaining age of the deceased farmer. In case of death of the farmer before retirement date, if the spouse does not wish to continue, the total contribution made by the farmer along with interest will be paid to the spouse.
- In case of death of the farmer before retirement date, if there is no spouse, then total contribution along with interest will be paid to the nominee.
- If the farmer dies after the retirement date, the spouse will receive 50% of the pension i.e. Rs.1500 per month as Family Pension.
- If the farmer is a beneficiary of the PM-KISAN Scheme, he/she may allow the contribution to be directly paid from the same bank account in which he / she receives the PM-Kisan benefit.
- The eligible farmers desirous of joining the scheme will visit nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) along with their Aadhaar number and bank passbook or account details.
- Later on alternative facility of enrollment through the PM-Kisan State Nodal Officers or by any other means or online enrollment will also be made available.
- Enrollment under the scheme is free of cost and the farmers are not required to make any payment for the purpose at the CSC Centres.