Aayushman Bharat Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
Aayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a centrally sponsored scheme launched on 23 September 2018 with the aims to reduce the financial burden on poor and vulnerable groups arising out of catastrophic hospital episodes and ensure their access to quality health services. PM-JAY is the world’s largest healthcare scheme, and it seeks to accelerate India’s progress towards achievement of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Helpline No. – 14555 / 1800-111-565
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
- Government provides health insurance cover of up to Rs. 5,00,000 per family per year.
- More than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) covered across the country.
- All families listed in the SECC database as per defined criteria will be covered. No cap on family size and age of members.
- Priority to girl child, women and and senior citizens.
- Free treatment available at all public and empaneled private hospitals in times of need.
- Covers secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
- 1,350 medical packages covering surgery, medical and day care treatments, cost of medicines and diagnostics.
- All pre-existing diseases covered. Hospitals cannot deny treatment.
- Cashless and paperless access to quality health care services.
- Hospitals will not be allowed to charge any additional money from beneficiaries for the treatment.
- Eligible beneificiares can avail services across India, offering benefit of national portability. Can reach out for information, assistance, complaints and grievances to a 24X7 helpline number – 14555
- Your family name could be covered in the PMJAY beneficiary list.
- To check out if you are a beneficiary, you can login PM-JAY portal using your mobile number.
- You do not need to enroll anywhere to claim benefits under the scheme.
- To claim benefits under the scheme you can get yourself identified at the nearest empanelled hospital or Community Service Centre (CSC).
To know your eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Click Here
हमें आपको यह बताते हुए बहुत ख़ुशी हो रही है की अभी तक 27 lakh से भी ज़्यादा लाभार्थी #AayushmanBharat #PMJAY योजना का लाभ उठा चुके हैं। हम अब तक 3.5 करोड़ e-cards भी जारी कर चुके हैं। #WednesdayLIVE pic.twitter.com/AV1Gas3pPe
— National Health Authority (NHA) (@AyushmanNHA) June 5, 2019
लाचार गरीबों का सहारा बनी आयुष्मान भारत योजना।@narendramodi @AmitShah @dasraghubar @BJP4India@BJP4Jharkhand #aayushmanbharat #NewIndia #NewJharkhand #RaghuwarDas #BidyutBaranMahato pic.twitter.com/Juqa6rb5kl
— Bidyut Baran Mahato (@mpbidyutmahato) June 8, 2019
To make India healthy and healthcare affordable to the needy and common man our Hon PM @narendramodi ji is launching #AayushmanBharat tomorrow, ModiCare in true sense! pic.twitter.com/Cy1yKe4Gb2
— Devendra Fadnavis (@Dev_Fadnavis) September 22, 2018