Ministry of Development of North-East Region
Dr Jitendra Singh reviews status of implementation of various projects under MDoNER
49 Projects worth Rs 1231 crore taken up by the Ministry in NER in the first month of the 100 Days Action Plan of the Government
First Bamboo Industrial Park to be set up in Dima Hasao district of Assam
Posted On: 26 JUL 2019 by PIB Delhi
Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh chaired a review meeting with senior officers of Ministry of DoNER, North Eastern Council (NEC), and other organizations of MDoNER here today. The Secretary, MDoNER, Dr Inder Jit Singh; Secretary, NEC, Shri Ram Muivah; MD NERAMAC Shri Pankaj Prasad; MD CBTC Dr. Shailendra Chaudhari and other senior officers were present during the meeting. During the meeting, the DoNER Minister was briefed about the implementation status of different schemes in NE region including their normative allocations, projects sanctioned/retained, balance allocations etc. The Minister was also briefed about the progress report of 100 Days Action Plan for Ministry of DoNER.
The Secretary MDoNER Dr Inder Jit Singh said that two items of MDoNER have been included in the 100 Days Plan of Action of Government. These are:
i. To sanction/ start/ complete/ operationalise 200 projects worth about Rs 3,000 crore, which means on an average @2 projects for Rs 30 crore per day.
ii. Setting up of a Bamboo Industrial Park at Manderdisa in Dima Hasao district of Assam in an area of 75 hectares at a cost of Rs. 50 crores.
Briefing the Minister on the implementation status of the Action Plan, the Secretary informed that 49 projects worth Rs 1231.94 crore have been done so far by the Ministry. These include sanction of following eight new projects for Rs. 586.3 crore under NERSDS and NESIDS schemes :
- Upgradation of AT Road from Tsusangra to Input Junction (26.335 km) including 3 Nos. bridges” (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 26.335 kms and Assam 0.00 km)
- Tenning to Lekie Road (37.5km) in Nagaland for Rs 136.96 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-State road; Nagaland 37.500 kms and Assam 0.00 km)
- Dikhu bridge to Amguri (17.155 km) in Mokokchung District in Nagaland for Rs 59.77 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 17.155 km and Assam 0.00 km)
- Rehabilitation and upgradation of road from Tuensang to Longleng (0.00 km to 51.60 km) in Nagaland for Rs 188.61 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 51.6 kms and Assam 0.00km)
- Construction of Mukroh Umspar linking Jrikyndeng Road (15.517 km) in Meghalaya for Rs 58.01 crore (Meghalaya-Assam Inter-state road; Meghalaya 13.397 kms and Assam 2.120 km)
- Lakhipur Abhirampara connecting Agua Medhipara Phulbari Tura Road at 19th km (West Garo Hills ) (12.565 km) for Rs 46.14 crore (Meghalaya-Assam Inter-state road; Meghalaya 0.765 kms and Assam 11.80 kms)
- Improvement of Tourist spot connectivity from Amarpur (Fatiksagar) leading to Chabimura and having access to eco-Tourism Centre in Tripura
- Improvement of road from Gandacherra-Raishyabari road at Ch. 18.30 KM to Narikel-Kunja (Length 8 km) for easy access for the tourists from Dhalai, North and Unakoti districts to Narikel Kunja island surrounded by Dumbur lake water in Tripura
In addition, 36 on-going projects under various schemes like NLCPR, Special Packages, Schemes of NEC etc. have been completed with approved cost of Rs. 529.18 crore. Works of two projects for Rs. 89.63 crores got started and 3 projects for Rs. 26.83 crore have been operationalised during this period.
During the meeting, it was also informed that a Bamboo Industrial Park will be set up in Manderdisa in Dima Hasao district of Assam in an area of 75 hectares at a cost of Rs 50 crore. The in-principle approval will be granted to this project in August this year. It was informed that the target is to complete the project by March 2021. The Minister was also informed that another project for Bamboo Park in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh would be taken up by NEC.
A brief demo on the new Dashboard being designed by the DoNER Ministry to monitor the status of various projects was also presented before the Minister.
The Minister instructed the officials to follow up the progress being made on various other ongoing projects which includes hostel for North Eastern students in JNU, among others.
Source : PIB