COVID-19 Case Update Report of 09th August 2020
India touches a new peak of 7,19,364 tests in a day; Total number of tests are now 2,41,06,535. Total number of recovered cases touches another high of 14,80,884 today, taking recovery rate to 68.78%. Active cases are 6,28,747 as of today. Fatality Rate further slumps, touching an improved rate of 2.01% today. PM launches financing facility of Rs. 1 Lakh Crore under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund. Shri Piyush Goyal lauds Trader’s role during Lockdown for ensuring uninterrupted supply of essential goods.
PIB’S DAILY BULLETIN ON COVID-19
09 AUG 2020
- Punjab: Concerned over the rising number of Covid cases in the state, Punjab Chief Minister has ordered night curfew from 9 p.m. to 5 am in the worst affected cities of Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Patiala, while directing all big cities/towns to prepare integrated management plan for treatment of the disease at both Government and private facilities.
- Haryana: Haryana Chief Minister, Mr.ManoharLal said that Faridabad district has done commendable work to put up a tough fight against the on-going COVID-19 Pandemic and currently the doubling rate of the district has reduced to 59 days, which is very reassuring. He directed the officers that more and more testing should be done to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases. Besides this, as much as possible, treatment should be done with plasma therapy also.
- Maharashtra: Pen in Raigad district adjacent to Mumbai is known for its exquisite Ganapati idols. However, the artisans are facing a bleak future this year on account of Covid pandemic and the resultant lockdown. The idol makers say they have witnessed 40% decline in domestic orders and over 60% drop in export orders. Meanwhile, Covid cases in Maharashtra crossed the 5 lakh grim mark, at 5.03 lakh cases, aftet 12,822 positive cases were reported on Saturday
- Gujarat: The Covid 19 recovery rate in Gujarat has further improved to 75.48%. The state recorded 1,101 new cases and 1,135 recoveries on Saturday. The number of active cases as on date is 14,530.
- Rajasthan: The Rajasthan Government has decided to use the reliable RT-PCR testing for Covid 19 rather than focusing on quick but not so accurate Rapid Antigen Test. Reviewing the Covid situation in the state, CM Ashok Gehlot said, despite the rising numbers, if the mortality rate is kept under control, it will be a major achievement. Rajasthan has 51,924 active cases and the death toll is 784.
- Goa: In Goa, almost 20 doctors and 10 to 15 health workers connected to Goa Medical College have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Goa has till date reported 8,206 Covid cases, out of which 2,232 are active cases.
- Kerala:Three more Covid deaths have been reported in the state today, taking the death toll to 106. One Keralite succumbed to the virus in Saudi Arabia. As many as 9507 new Covid cases were reported in the past one week in the State. Majority of the cases are through local transmission. Meanwhile, with recovery of more bodies the death toll in Munnar landslide has touched 42. Twenty-eight more bodies are yet to be recovered from the debris. Revenue and Health authorities are struggling hard to maintain Covid protocols in the flood relief camps as the State is continuing to receive heavy rainfall. A total of 1,420 new cases of Covid-19 were reported in the state yesterday. 12,109 patients are undergoing treatment and there are 1,48,241 people under observation across the state.
- Tamil Nadu: Amid Covid-19 surge, total lockdown for three days from today in Yanam of Puducherry UT; at present, Yanam has 113 active cases among the 268 cases reported in Puducherry. Despite the pandemic, TN’s economy grows faster than national average. Every death is being audited, focus on to reduce Covid-19 fatality, says TN Health Secretary J Radhakrishnan. 5883 new cases, 5043 recoveries & 118 deaths reported yesterday. Total Covid cases: 2,90,907; Active cases: 53,481; Deaths: 4808; Active cases in Chennai: 11,734.
- Karnataka:Medical Education Minister said, a committee will be formed to study the reasons for the high mortality of covid patients at ESI hospital Rajajinagara, Bangalore. Total death in the state due to covid crossed 3000 on Saturday after 93 more fatalities more were reported. Highest number of 7178 new cases in a single day was also confirmed yesterday. 2665 cases were in Bangalore city. Total cases in the State:1,72,102; Active cases: 79,765; Total Deaths: 3091; Discharges 89,238.
- Andhra Pradesh:AP Health Minister said a case was registered on Swarna Palace Hotel and the Ramesh Hospitals management for death of 10 Covid19 patients in a fire accident in the early hours of today in Vijayawada. The hotel has been taken for lease and is converted into a Covid19 Care Centre for treating corona virus patients. The Health Minister said that there were 31 Covid19 patients undergoing treatment at the time of the mishap. CM announced a compensation of Rs 50 lakh to the families of the deceased. According to TTD Executive Officer as many as 743 TTD employees were infected with Covid19. Among them 402 were discharged after fully being recovered, while the remaining are undergoing treatment in various hospitals in the city.
- Telangana:The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) area for the first time since April 26 reported less than 500 Covid-19 cases in a day. 1982 new cases, 1669 recoveries & 12 deaths reported in the last 24 hours in Telangana; out of 1982 cases,463 cases reported from GHMC. Total cases: 79,495; Active cases: 22,869; Deaths:627; Discharges :55,999.
- Assam: In Assam, between 16th July to 8th August the COVID-19 positivity rate has come down from 18% to 4.5%. The number of positive case per day is also slowing down tweeted the state Health Minister HimantaBiswaSarma.
- Manipur: In Manipur, under the theme “COVID-19 and Indigenous People’s Resilience”, the 26th International Day of Indigenous People was observed at Ukhrul today.
- Mizoram: 43 new COVID-19 positive cases confirmed in Mizoram since 8.8.2020 to 9.8.2020 till 11 am. The COVID tally reached 608 in the state with 312 active cases and 296 cured and discharged cases.
- Nagaland: In Nagaland, out of 800 samples tested, 93 new positive cases of COVID-19 have been detected today. 62 in Dimapur, 20 in Kohima, 8 in Peren, 2 in Mon & 1 in Zunheboto.
- Sikkim: In Sikkim, 6 new COVID-19 cases detected today. Till now 494 cases have been cured and discharged in the state. The number of active cases stands at 371.