PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- With a view to augment the income of the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs), the Government has launched a new Central Sector Scheme, namely, “Pradhan Mantri KIsan SAmman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)” in the current financial year.
- The PM-KISAN scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the SMFs in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income at the end of the each crop cycle.
- This would also protect them from falling in the clutches of moneylenders for meeting such expenses and ensure their continuance in the farming activities.
- The Scheme shall be effective from 01.12.2018 for transfer of benefit to eligible beneficiaries.
- The cut-off date for determining the eligibility of beneficiaries, has been kept as 01.02.2019.
- Changes, if any, in the cut-off date for eligibility of benefit under the scheme for next 5 years will only be considered with approval of the Cabinet. However benefit will be allowed on transfer of ownership of cultivable land on account of succession due to death of the landowner.
Definition of Families
- The SMFs landholder farmer family is definition
- The existing land-ownership system will be used for identification of beneficiaries for calculation of financial benefit under the scheme.
Scheme Contours and Financial Outlay
- The Scheme to be implemented as Central Sector Scheme with 100% financial support by Government of India (GoI).
- For financial year 2018-19, a budget provision of Rs. 20,000 crore has been kept for disbursal of financial benefit to the eligible landholding SMFs families.
- Similarly, a budgetary provision of Rs. 75,000 crore has been kept in the financial year 2019-20 for disbursal of financial benefits to eligible landholding SMFs families.
Benefit to eligible SMFs
- Under the Scheme, a direct payment of Rs. 6000 per year will be transferred in three equal installments of Rs. 2000 each every four months into the Aadhar ceded bank accounts of eligible landholding SMFs families.
- The first installment for the period 01.12.2018 to 31.03.2019, under the scheme will be transferred to the eligible beneficiaries in the current financial year (2018-19) itself. First Installment shall be transferred immediately on identification of the beneficiaries.
- For availing benefits under the scheme, Aadhaar is mandatory. However, in cases, where the beneficiaries at present are not having Aadhar or Aadhar Enrollment number, alternate prescribed documents can be collected for identity verification and transfer of benefit to such farmer families for transfer of 1st installment in 2018-19.
- All such beneficiaries not having Aadhaar card shall have to be compulsorily enrolled under Aadhaar, since transfer of subsequent installments will be done only on basis of Aadhaar seeded data base.
- States/UTs to ensure that there is no duplication of the payment transferred to eligible families. Speedy reconciliation in case of wrong/incomplete bank details of the beneficiary to be ensured.
Monitoring of the Scheme
- For effective review and monitoring of the scheme, a Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) at Central level will be set up in DAC&FW.
- The PMU headed by Chief Executive Officer (CEO), shall also undertake publicity campaign (Information, Education and Communication-IEC).
- A stratified review/monitoring mechanism at National, State and District Level.
- At the National level, there will be a Monitoring Committee headed by Cabinet Secretary.
- State Govt. shall also notify the Monitoring Committees at the State & the District Level.
- There will be exclusion of certain categories of beneficiaries of higher economic strata which will be separately notified by the Government in due course.
Source : pmkisan.gov.in
Over 20M Got ₹2k Under #PMKisan Scheme. https://t.co/d7cFgBxGao
दो करोड़ किसानों को मिली नकद सहायता। https://t.co/aYCMGS3FlC pic.twitter.com/hx3gQfw2XG
— Chowkidar Radha Mohan Singh (@RadhamohanBJP) March 7, 2019