Ayushman CAPF Scheme : Complete Details
Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah has launched “Ayushman CAPF Scheme” for personnel and dependent of Central Armed Police Forces. Full Details of Ayushman CAPF Scheme is given below:
About Ayushman CAPF Scheme:
‘Ayushman CAPF’ is a convergence scheme being implemented on Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY IT platform.
A joint initiative by the Ministry of Home Affairs and the National Health Authority, which will provide cashless healthcare services to the serving CAPF personnel from all seven forces, viz. Assam Rifles, BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, NSG and SSB, and their dependents through Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY IT platform.
To be launched on 23rd January, 2021 in Assam, this ‘Ayushman CAPF’ scheme will be implemented across the country in a phased manner.
The convergence between Ayushman Bharat and CAPF is a first of its kind initiative leveraging strengths of existing robust IT framework, access to the network of various private hospital and portability of services across country.
This initiative will help in moving away from any paper-based manual process of availing healthcare benefits by CAPF personnel and their families to a paperless service at NHA’s IT platform.
In addition,a 24×7 call centre, online grievance management system, fraud and abuse control system, and real time monitoring dasboards are other key features of the scheme.
Serving personnel and their dependents from Assam Rifles, Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Security Guard (NSG), and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) will be covered under the scheme.
- Comprehensive coverage of OPD, IPD and follow-ups
- Cashless treatment at empaneled private hospitals
- Portability to ensure access to health services across the country
- Paperless to ensure ease and convenience
- Dedicated call center for support and grievance redressal
- Well defined set of health benefits packages
- Pan India expansion of the scheme will be done in phased manner
How to Avail Cashless Benefit under Ayushman CAPF
Get Ayushman CAPF card
- Beneficiaries may collect the Ayushman CAPF e-card by the respective forces. The card may be activated at empaneled private hospital, post authentication using copy of Force ID and Aadhaar or Government approved photo ID.
- Alternatively, Ayushman CAPF e-card can be obtained from Pradhan Mantri Aarogya Mitra (PMAM) stationed at PM-JAY empaneled private hospital upon presenting the above mentioned documents.
Availing Cashless Medical Treatment
- The beneficiary may avail cashless medical treatment at CAPF or Government owned facilities free of cost, as per the existing guidelines.
- CAPF or Government owned facilities may refer the beneficiary to the empaneled private hospital where beneficiary may avail cashless medical treatment by registering* at the hospital using the activated Ayushman CAPF card.
Reimbursement for Self-Paid Medical Treatment
- The beneficiary may get reimbursement in following scenarios:
Self-paid services availed at CAPF or Government owned facilities (diagnostics, implants, medicines etc.)
Self-paid services availed at non-empaneled hospitals, in case of emergency
- To raise a request for reimbursement of claims, the beneficiary can login to the website (https://tms.pmjay.gov.in/) using Ayushman CAPF ID. Beneficiary will be required to provide requisite details and upload relevant documents such as prescription, referral, invoices etc. Upon approval, payment would be made to serving CAPF personnel’s bank account through UPI, as per applicable rates.